The SHTA’s Annual Spring Celebration of Hiking
Hike Fest 2018 will be held Friday, May 18th to Sunday, May 20th at the beautiful Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center in Finland, MN. Hike Fest is a great weekend with hikes, workshops, evening programs, the ropes course, good fellowship, and fun.
For our returning friends (and new faces), know that there are some exciting changes to Hike Fest this year:
- Registration will be ONLINE ONLY. This will allow us to share important event information by email to ensure you have a great experience.
- You can expect helpful, pre-event communications from us with hike descriptions, how to check-in once you arrive at Wolf Ridge ELC, and more. Be sure to check your email before you pack up!
- Limited-edition Hike Fest shirts! These will only be available for purchase when you register online and can be picked up when you arrive at Hike Fest; no additional store items will be available for purchase during the weekend.
- We are retiring the Silent Auction! Instead, you can look forward to a premium raffle and a chance to purchase a Mystery Bag! (What’s a Mystery Bag, you ask? Stay tuned for more clues…)
- Now featuring half-day hikes! These will be offered in addition to our regular full-day hikes. Also available: a quick picnic hike and a night hike.
- More new interactive events! Need a break from hiking? We’re going to offer two art classes, a ropes course class, presentations (including an update on outdoor trends and cool new hiking gadgets hosted by our friends from Trailfitters) and a good, old-fashioned campfire! Some is nice, but s’more is better!
- Family-style supper on Saturday night! No more waiting in line – sit around a table with old and new friends and dig in. Dinner will be prepared by the amazing chefs at Wolf Ridge.
Mark your calendars – registration will begin on April 2 and will run through April 30. Check back here for a link to register on April 2.